Since its launch in January 2016, the Fuji X-Pro 2 still holds a strong position in the market. In this post, we have tried to jot down literally everything about the camera.
This is by far the most detailed Fuji X-Pro 2 mirrorless camera review you shall find on the web.
Table of Contents
Fuji X-Pro 2 Review
Just before we start with the detailed X-Pro 2 review, we suggest you watch this 7 min video just to get the gist of features and specifications Fujifilm X-Pro 2 has to offer.
The Fuji X-Pro 2 which is the upgraded version of the Fuji X- Pro 1 comes with the interchangeable lens mirrorless camera.
It was launched nearly 4 years after X-Pro 1. Introducing a new sensor, dual card slots, weather sealing for humid/rainy climate, better control schemes and faster response time, X-Pro 2 is a lot better version of its previous model.
The 24 MP APS-C X- Trance CMOS III sensor takes the camera to another level. The best part, it has double the megapixels compared to the X-Pro 1 so you can be assured of an unmatched visual experience.
In addition to that, the advanced viewfinder of this camera now comes with the optical and electrical viewfinder. The good part of the camera is that it can easily switch from the optical to the electrical viewfinder.
On the other hand, the fast focal plane shutter and hybrid face detection make the camera stand out from the others in its league.
The camera comes with dual SD memory card slots to take an ample number of photographs in one stretch.
In addition to that, Fuji is pretty famous for the Fujifilm color reproduction technology. You can take advantage of the brilliant color rendition of the camera. The quality of the photographs will make you flabbergasted.
Fuji X-Pro 2: Technical Specifications
Fuji X-Pro 2: Key Features
- Firmware Ver. 5.00: The camera incorporates the ‘Voice Memo’ and ‘copyright Information’ which helps the camera to improve the operability in autofocus and viewfinder mode. In addition to that, the firmware Ver.5.00 comes with enhanced phase detection autofocus which allows capturing in a low light environment.
Other than that, this version enables users to create a folder and put the selected photos in that specific folder.
- Graphite Edition: The Fuji X-Pro 2 Mirrorless Camera comes with premium quality finishing. Having a retro appearance and carrying the Fuji-cum-Leica look, the X-Pro 2 looks really good.
The hybrid viewfinders offer you the sheer photographic pleasure. With the help of the diagonal angle view of 63.4 degrees, you can capture stunning bokeh effects.
- Image quality: The camera comes with the new level of X-series photo quality which brings out the exact combination of the X- Trans CMOS III Sensor and X-Processor Pro Engine. The camera comes with 24 MP with special random distribution color filter array. In addition to that, the image sensor comes along with a 1.5:1 ratio with 1.53x Crop factor.
The image size goes up to 24 MP to minimum 6 MP. The crop aspect ratio of the photo falls in 16:9 ratio.
- Finder: The best thing about this premium digital SLR camera is that it comes with a unique feature to switch between the optical and electrical viewfinder. The camera comes with the combination of the OVF and EVF. Also, the advanced Hybrid Multi viewfinder can produce brilliant photographs.
- Focus: Like any other digital camera you can use the Fuji X-Pro 2 in manual focus and auto focus mode. In addition to that, the feature offers the users to take help from the advanced manual focus mode to take great photos. It assists the users to use various features including the digital split image and many more.
It also comes with the face detection autofocus which can expand up to 7×7 to cover a wide number of details of the subject.
- Operation: As mentioned earlier, the design and build of the camera is such that it is mainly used for intermediate-professional level photography. It comes with the exposure compensation dial, dual- function ISO dial and front command dial. The dual purpose dial on the top can control both exposure time and ISO. This could be done by simply lifting the rig of the exposure dial and then adjusting the ISO.
- Reliability: The Fuji X-Pro 2 Mirrorless Camera comes with the durable magnesium body. It is coated with the semi-gloss paint which makes the camera visually appealing. It supports the dual SD Card slots and supports 1/8000 sec shutter speed.
- Other Features: The camera comes with the contrast detect, phase detect, multi-area, selective single-point autofocus, fixed 3 inch TFT LCD screen with up to 98% viewfinder coverage, 350 CIPA battery. It also offers the users to record the Time-lapse videos.
Design and Looks of the X-Pro 2:
The Fujifilm X-Pro 2 surprisingly comes with a touch of vintage camera look. It certainly looks classy and elegant.
However, as per the appearance and size, the camera hasn’t changed much when compared to its predecessor, the X-Pro 1.
Along with the shutter speed dial and EV adjustment dials, you can also adjust the ISO. The new auto-focus joystick is located at the back of the camera. The camera weighs around 495g and has the dimensions 140.5mm (W) x82.8mm (H) x 45.9mm (D).
The camera comes with the lithium battery, charger, shoulder strap, body cap, strap clip, protective cover, clip attaching tool, manuals, and warranty card.
Though it totally depends on which kit you are buying, you can get more details of the same from Amazon.
The X-Pro 2 is equally good when it comes to performance. Let us try to understand better:
Fuji X-Pro 1 vs. Fuji X-Pro 2 : Comparison
Many photographers get confused about what camera to choose between the Fujifilm X-Pro 1 vs. X-Pro 2.
Both the cameras perform exceptionally well. However, there are a few differences between the two cameras.
Going further in detail, the 16MP output from the X-Pro 1 is fairly enough for low-resolution photographs. However, for professional shoots, you would certainly want to have high resolutions so that you can take out crisp images in any size whatsoever. The Fujifilm X-Pro 2 certainly fills that gap and helps you to take high-resolution shots.
Apart from the image quality, the X-Pro 2 has dual SD card slots in comparison to a single card slot in the X-Pro 1. Thus, the newer version could be used for those long hour shoots.
Fujifilm X-Pro 2 : Pros & Cons
The X-Pro 2 is a great camera for street and wedding photography. The images are crisp and you can get some amazing shots even in low lighting.
Though we have pretty much-covered everything about the camera till now, this Fujifilm X-Pro 2 review won’t be complete without a detailed list of pros and cons.
Let’s take a look at them:
Fujifilm is a renowned name which has established itself as a powerful camera brand for decades. The X-Pro 2 is a widely used camera by hobbyists and travel photographers.
We have covered literally everything in this detailed Fujifilm X-Pro 2 camera review.
The retro look and combination of features make the camera a great choice for seasonal photographers. The colors and the grain profiles are very very good.
Considering that the features keep on enhancing due to regular firmware updates by Fujifilm, you will cherish this camera for many many years.
The weather sealing enables you to take this camera literally anywhere, be it hiking, camping, traveling cities and what not.
We hope this detailed review would have helped you gain some great insights about the camera. Do share your views in the comments section below.
Fujifilm X-Pro 2 Camera Review
Product Name: Fujifilm X-Pro 2 Mirrorless Camera
Product Description: The Fujifilm X-Pro 2 is a mirrorless camera. It included a 24.3MP X-Trans CMOS III APS-C that dramatically improves the image quality. The X-Processor Pro engine increases the response times and helps you achieve fast autofocus along with better color reproduction.
Since its launch in 2016, the Fujifilm X-Pro 2 is still standing strong in the market. It is a great camera for photography and taking beautiful scenic shots. With fast autofocus, you can use it for taking outstanding candid shots in any environment.
Design and Build Quality
Last update on 2021-02-28 at 18:36 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API