In this detailed post, we have tried to decode the confusion while buying the best RC drift cars online.
Especially as a beginner, you might need some opinion to choose the best budget RC drift car.
Table of Contents
- Best RC Drift Cars for Beginners
- Best RC Drift Cars for Beginners: Detailed Reviews
- 1. Redcat Racing EPX Drift Car: Top Rated Option
- 2. Exceed Star 350: High-Performance RC Drift Car
- 3. Exceed RC Electric Drift Star 350Z: Best Drift Car for Beginners
- 4. HPI Racing 109291 RTR E10
- 5.Traxxas 1/10 4WD Ford GT: Best-Looking RC Drift Car
- 6. Lamborghini Veneno: Best Cheap RC Drift Car
- 7. Hosim Hobby Grade Car: Best RC Drift Car RTR
- 8. VATOS Spirit Brushless: Fastest RC Drift Car
- 9. Exceed RC Electric DriftStar
- 10. Exceed RC MadSpeed Electric Powered Drift Car GT3
- Best Remote Controlled Drift Car – Buyers Guide
Our main motive is to bring you only the best options from the market. We reviewed more than 32 RC drift cars of various brands and sizes.
Our primary concern while choosing the best RC drift cars were:
- Build Quality: Defines for how many years of months the car would sustain provided medium usage.
- Battery Consumption: How many hours can the car run without any recharge?
- Features: Speed, design, specs and mobility.
- Price: Buying an RC drift car shouldn’t burn a hole in your pocket.
Remote controlled cars have a unique place among the people of all age groups. We think that each individual whether he/she be a toddler or a teenager or a mature adult would love to give a shot to remote control cars.
They are not necessarily made for only toddlers or kids. Some of the high-end more durable models could be used by adults as well to have a little fun.
Now, coming to selecting the best RC drift car out-there. There are all types of cars out there in the market. Your task is to select the right one for your need.
There are so many options that you would easily get confused. Some remote control cars provide a significant battery life but are not competent enough, some look great but do not give quite the performance you want.
So, out of the 32 drift cars, we have chosen the top 10 RC drift cars for you. Let’s have a look at them:
Best RC Drift Cars for Beginners
|Redcat Racing EPX Drift Car with 7.2V 2000mAh Battery, 2.4GHz Radio and BL10315 Body (1/10 Scale),...||$179.99||Check on Amazon|
The performance of the drift car plays an important role, and there would be no fun in driving if the performance is compromised. A note should be made on how well the car can run on a plain road or a rough terrain. What speed can the car attain?
A good battery life is a must for any remote controlled vehicle, otherwise much more time would be spent on charging the car rather than actually taking it out for a spin.
Another major thing is that there should be some cheap budget options also available that one could use for occasional activity.
Finally, the design and the build quality should also live up to the standards. The remote car should not look like a solid brick but should be a delight for the eyes.
No compromise should be made on the build quality as the RC drift cars are genuinely prepared for drifting and having fun. If the car breaks or gets damaged easily, it would be a bummer.
Either way, we have saved a great deal for you. Now, let’s check the detailed reviews of the top rated RC drift cars that exist in the market.
Best RC Drift Cars for Beginners: Detailed Reviews
1. Redcat Racing EPX Drift Car: Top Rated Option
The Redcat Racing EPX can easily be in someone’s favorite list for all the obvious reasons.
The best in class design and build on top with the stylish color schema brings a bold look to the remote control car.
This car is easily an eye candy and can attract some great attention.
One of the best things about this remote controlled drift car is, it has a pistol transmitter that is equipped along with a proportional control feature, making it both precarious and precise.
Due to this reason, the remote control car is fully controllable by novices and is easy to operate.
The car has a powerful chassis to withstand minor hits while drifting.
This remote controlled drifting fiend is fairly superior to all other low-budget or low-quality remote control cars available in the market. There is a slight lack of performance if compared to other high end RC drift cars.
Here, chcek this video to get a better visual aspect about the performance of this RC drift car:
The Redcat Racing EPX RC drift car does come with some great specifications. Let’s have a looks at them:
- The vivid polycarbonate body easily grabs people attention.
- The Shocks are Aluminum capped oil filled, and adjustable independent suspension allows drivers to tune the car to their liking.
- Offers a radio system which has minimal interference while racing with a few other remote control drivers.
- The car also has a forward and backward transmission which assists in better handling.
- Equipped with special drift tires make drifting an easily achievable task.
- This RC drift car vailable in two color options- Red and Blue.
Now coming to the pros and cons:
- The Redcat Racing EPX Drift Cars extraordinary drifting ability makes it easy to learn a few cool stunts and techniques, by the driver.
- It features a 2.4GHz radio system with an adjustable independent suspension.
- Shaft driven 4WD helps maintain control while drifting and the lightweight plastic chassis makes recovery easy.
- The beautiful design of the car brings a trendy and modern look.
- The battery life of the remote controlled car is decent.
- Has no shock absorbing techniques, so you may not want to use it for off-road racing challenges.
- Lacks a bit in the performance sector if compared to other remote operated drifting cars further in the list.
2. Exceed Star 350: High-Performance RC Drift Car
The Exceed RC Drift Star 350 is easily one of the most powerful remote control drift cars in the market.
The performance that this car gives in unmatchable for the price at which it is sold in the market. This car is indeed made for making controlled slides.
The Exceed RC Drift Star 350 can also beat the remote control cars of the higher price segment. The tires may wear down after a lot of drifting, but you can always get spare tires for this remote controlled car.
This car is recommended for people who have at least a little experience with driving remote controlled cars as this little beast runs like a gazelle.
The battery life is also great (at least on paper). This remote control car comes in dual-tone and offers a bold design. It can easily stand out of the crowd as the color combinations used are great.
Some of the most essential and recognizable features of the Drift Star 350 are:
- The car comes along with the KV 3300 Brushless motor that provides a reliable and consistent power for a full-performance drift driving.
- The threaded shock bodies equipped with aluminum allows the preload of the springs to be quickly and easily tuned.
- Equipped with a high capacity 3000mAh battery.
- Also has a high-quality 2.4Ghz transmitter and receiver.
- It has an anodized aluminum center long drive shaft.
- The Drift Star 350 has high-performance anti-skid drift tires.
- Also includes pre-mound drift wheels and chrome plated spoke rims which adds a beautiful finish.
Now, coming to the pros and cons:
- Has top-notch performance and is a real beast.
- Great body and powerful build quality.
- The drifting power of this machine is fantastic.
- Easily beats other remote controlled drifting cars in this price bracket.
- This car is a complete package, packed with power and looks.
- Is a bit fragile and some of the parts can easily break if it gets crashed into a wall or hard object.
- The box does not include AA batteries.
- Clearly not made for newbies as it runs like a gazelle and can be difficult to handle sometimes.
3. Exceed RC Electric Drift Star 350Z: Best Drift Car for Beginners
The Exceed RC Electric Drift Star 350Z is the perfect budget remote control drifting car that you can get right now on Amazon.
The features and price of this remote control car are quite balanced.
The Drift Star 350Z comes with specially designed compound drift tires, pre-mounted high-performance wheels. The design is somewhat similar to Exceed RC Electric Drift Star 350 model, which has a much higher price than this model.
Overall, the Drift Star 350z brings that same trendy and modern design which looks quite astonishing.
The battery life on Drift Star 350Z is also decent and should be satisfactory enough for your usage. It is the best RC drift car for beginners.
Unlike the Exceed RC Electric Drift Star 350, this model can be easily driven by a newbie as it cannot stand on the same ground concerning performance.
The Drift Star 350 outmaneuvers this model.
The 350Z does have some heavy-hitting features for such a marked down price. Before checking that, do watch this small video to understand more about the performance of this budget friendly RC drift car.
Here are its feature:
- This RC car has a great front/rear camber and toe-in setup.
- Has a powerful remote control 540 motor which makes traversing the rugged terrains pretty easy.
- Anodized aluminum center long drive shaft adds support to the car.
- It also comes with anti-skid drift tires along with chrome plated spoke rims and pre-mounted drift wheels.
- 7.2V 1800maH Ni-MH battery power.
Now, coming to the pros and cons of the Drift Star 350Z:
- Has a powerful motor for this price segment.
- Has special drift tires which are already mounted on the remote control car.
- Extra large front bumper foam provides an added protection against sudden impacts.
- Goes easy on the pocket (all thanks to its honest pricing).
- The design also gives competition to other remote control cars which are even priced higher than this little devil.
- The battery life is not great but is pretty decent for this price.
- You may find the body of this to be a bit fragile.
4. HPI Racing 109291 RTR E10
The HPI Racing 109291 RTR E10 Drift provides all features packed with a decent price. It is an all-rounder as it can be used for both, casual running on the road or taking up the challenge and using it for drift driving or high-heat racing.
It is a perfectly balanced remote controlled car and makes it fun and easy for both, newbies and experts to take it out for a run. The motor is great, tires are excellent, and it offers a ton of different features.
The only problem which can be found with this remote control drift car is that all the parts are made out of plastic so it may not look so appealing for all those users who like to play it rough.
The car come packed with a variety of exciting features:
- The car has a bathtub type chassis including a quick change battery holder.
- Beautifully finished chrome wide wheels for that extra grip.
- Body pre-painted exactly like the Nissan S13 coupe with all sponsor and body trim decals.
- Easily convertible, adjustable motor and radio equipment.
- A pretty good 2000mAh battery.
Talking about pros and cons, let’s try to summarize them below:
- HPI Racing 109291 is an all-rounder and provides almost all the features a befitting remote controlled drift car should provide.
- Has a great balance as it can be used for both learning how to drive remote control drift cars and running testing them out on the streets.
- Gives quick change battery holders which other remote control drift cars would not provide in this price segment.
- The battery life seems to be promising.
- As the body and the parts are all made out of plastic, this remote control drift car may not be able to withstand regular strong hits with hard objects and wall.
- The temperature of the motor sometimes reaches too high.
5.Traxxas 1/10 4WD Ford GT: Best-Looking RC Drift Car
The Traxxas 1/10 4WD Ford GT is an officially licensed scale replica body of the same named vehicle in the market.
Hands down, this is the best-looking remote controlled drift car out there in the market.
The best part, it comes in three color options- Liquid Red, Liquid Blue and Liquid Grey.
This RC drift car may be a bit heavily priced, but it is an absolute eye turner. This remote controlled drift car has all the attractive looks, and it does look totally different from rest of the sports cars that you will find in the market.
The Traxxas Ford GT offers some exclusive features but as we previously stated, it is quite expensive.
Like most of the premium brands, it lacks some basic things. For eg: it does not come with a charger. You will have to buy a separate charger for charging this remote control drift car.
The Traxxas Ford GT has some of the most amazing features, all because of its hefty price:
- It is an officially licensed Ford GT scale replica body including 4WD 4-Tec 2.0 chassis.
- It includes a waterproof XL-5 ESC with Titan 12-turn motor and watertight receiver box for all weather fun.
- Traxxas Stability Management, advanced TQi 2.4GHz transmitter, and receiver with model memory.
- Aggressive street tires mounted on replica black chrome rims with replica brake discs and calipers.
Talking about the pros and cons, let’s have a look:
- If you would like to aim for the looks of a remote control drift car then the Traxxas 1/10 4WD Ford GT will surely grab all your attention.
- Offers three different colors.
- Has a waterproof body and assures all weather fun.
- Has an aerodynamic shape, so it easily stands off the crowd regarding looks and speed.
- Has a good battery life.
- Does not provide a charger with the box, instead, you will have to buy one for charging it.
- Expensive RC drift car.
6. Lamborghini Veneno: Best Cheap RC Drift Car
The Lamborghini Veneno remote controlled car is officially signed and designed with non-toxic ABS plastic. It has a glossy exterior. The detailed replica features glowing red tail lights when on the reverse and white headlights on forwarding mode.
This car is absolutely perfect for the little ones and costs very less making it the best cheap RC drift car of this list. The great thing about this remote control drift car is that it is made keeping kids in mind and offers simple controls and features so that kids can really enjoy while steering this.
The batteries are not included in this little remote control drift car so you will have to buy them.
Check this video to get a quick glimpse of the car:
The features of the Lamborghini Veneno RC car are outstanding and will give you utmost satisfaction for the money you have paid. Here, let’s check the features:
- This car is the perfect replica of the iconic Lamborghini Veneno model. It boasts everything from a sleek aerodynamic profile to the carbon-patterned chassis and spoiler.
- It comes with fully functional tail lights and headlights. The headlights shine white when the remote control drift car is driven forwards, and the taillights shine red when it is driven backward.
- The tires have a shock suspension system. It also has a fine tune adjustment switch which is present at the bottom of the car.
- This RC car is made with non-toxic ABS plastic for the safety of children.
Now coming to the pros and cons of the car:
- Specially made for kids and toddlers so it keeps all the essential features that a kid would like to see in a remote control drift car.
- A bang for the buck as it offers all stunning looks and features at such low price.
- Available in most of the, so you have got a lot of options to choose from.
- Made with special non-toxic ABS plastic so that it is safe for children.
- Has good speed and handling is also great for the kids to manage.
- The Lamborghini Veneno Sports Racing Car is not specifically a drift car, so you would not like to expect it to make great drifts and honestly we cannot complain as this remote control car is made specifically for kids.
- You would have to buy the batteries separately.
7. Hosim Hobby Grade Car: Best RC Drift Car RTR
The Hosim Hobby Grade Cross Country Car is more of a monster truck. It precisely does not identify as a remote control drift car. It is remote controlled and is excellent at drifting, but it’s just that it’s not exactly a car.
This mighty RC car does not compromise on the performance. It’s functioning is way better than the other standard remote control drift cars. It has some advantages as it can run on all terrains, has better motors, etc.
The Hosim Hobby RC Car is a bit on the heavier side as it is a monster truck with huge tires. Also, the battery on this colossus drains fast, this can sometimes become a little annoying for you.
Overall, it is the best RC drift car RTR buggy which has got some great reviews from the customers.
It comes packed with all the features you will want in a monster like a car. Some of its highlights are:
- Equipped with two powerful motors.
- This RC drift car has a max speed of upto 46 km/h(30mph)
- Comes with an aggressive tread of the sturdy grip tires.
- Enables you to go on both off-road and on-road environments all made possible due to the premium anti-skid heavy duty wheels.
- Reduces the impact on unsteady drives as it is built with a steel chassis shaft structure and an independently stimulated shockproof system.
- All Metal Sealed Ball Bearing.
- Equipped with a 1600mAh battery.
Now, coming to the pros and cons of the Hosim RC car:
- It has a really high speed and will give you a tremendous high-speed experience.
- Smoothly runs on all types of terrains whether they be plain or rough.
- It has a sturdy built as most of the parts are made out of metal. Cannot be questioned upon durability for sure.
- Having a professional transmitter brings you a far superior experience.
- Comes at a pretty reasonable price.
- It is a bit heavy so not everyone would like to buy it for their kids.
- The battery life on this is not good and drains too fast.
8. VATOS Spirit Brushless: Fastest RC Drift Car
The Vatos RC Car Off Road Buggy has absolute worth for the bargain. It is super fast and super fun to make it run on road or off-road. It is an all-terrain remote controlled drift car (or should we say a buggy).
No products found.
This Road Buggy can definitely be taken up for a high-speed off-road racing challenge. The powerful motors, the tires and the overall build of this remote control drift car would surely act according to the needs.
Coming to the highlights:
- Includes 4 Wheels Independent Suspension and also has a powerful 3200kv professional brushless motor which brings a super high speed at 52km/h.
- It is an IPX4 rated drift car which can withstand angled splash of water.
- Build quality is rock solid. It is made from anti-corrosion, high strength material.
- Comes with 4 wheel drive, 2 speed mode, 80-90m control distance, 7.2V,1000mAh li-ion battery. It takes 60-70 mins to charge and gives you a running time of 15min.
Time to delve deep and take a look at the pros and cons:
- The brushless motor has 3X life as compared to a burshed motor.
- It is 3X energy efficient.
- Has a shockproof suspension system.
- Looks great and has LED lights too.
- Comes with long term durability.
- It doesn’t come at an affordable cost.
- It isn’t fully waterproof.
9. Exceed RC Electric DriftStar
The Exceed RC Electric DriftStar drift car packs a long list of features and a distinctive look that help this brute in outmaneuvering its competitors.
No products found.
This remote control drift car has a high-performance motor and electronic speed control.
This car is made explicitly for drifting and giving a fierce competition to other cars out in the market. This brute will not disappoint you if you take up a drifting or a racing challenge.
The Exceed Electric DriftStar mainly keeps in mind, the needs of a customer as it comes along with some best in calss features:
- It has a 4 wheel drive system.
- Equipped with a powerful RC 540 motor.
- High performance car.
- Build quality is very good.
Now, coming to the pros and cons of the Exceed RC Electric DriftStar:
- Has sharp looks.
- It also has interior lights and has LED tail light and headlights.
- The battery life is pretty good.
- This definitely is a game-changing remote control drift car. The performance is top notch.
- It is a bit expensive.
10. Exceed RC MadSpeed Electric Powered Drift Car GT3
The Exceed RC MadSpeed Electric Powered Drift Gt3 is probably the most satisfactory deal you will find in the market right now.
As similar to some of the previous remote-controlled drift cars mentioned earlier, this little bruiser is no different but still, we would like to call it a great deal as it does offer some great specifications at a reasonable rate.
The looks of it are also chaste and pretty clean. The Exceed RC MadSpeed Gt3 won’t let you down whether it be any situation from casual driving to racing to drift head over heels. This remote control drift car is a complete bundle of performance and looks.
Some of the features of this RC car are:
- This car also has a uniquely designed centralized low center of gravity.
- Detailed side-view mirrors, wing, wheels, and exhaust.
- Comes with a street racing detailed 350 drift body.
- Equipped with CNC aluminum upper deck.
- Has CNC aluminum center drive.
- Includes a CNC aluminum motor mount.
- Oil filled shocks provide better durability.
- Pistol Transmitter Radio Control.
- A 540 brush motor helps to exceed the RC electronic speed. .
- High-Torque 3KG steering servo.
- Foam bumper has been added for protection when drifting.
- Easily accessible front and rear ball differentials.
Now, coming to the pros and cons of the Exceed RC MadSpeed Electric Powered Drift Car Gt3:
- It is the most fitting remote controlled drift car offered at this price.
- It is a perfect remote control drift car made for perfect drifts.
- Mostly out of stock on Amazon due to its high demand.
Best Remote Controlled Drift Car – Buyers Guide
The foremost thing would be, identifying the size of a remote control car you need. Whether it should be a micro or mini or large sized car, whether it should be a sports car, a buggy or a giant monster truck.
Now, attention should be paid towards the performance of the remote control car. Does the car run fast enough to satisfy the speed madness?
How well can you handle the remote control car? How are the suspensions? Can it withstand any collisions or accidents? How is the build quality? How is the battery life? Can the remote control car run on all types of terrains?
All these questions should be kept in mind. We do know that the remote control car manufacturers cannot meet all the conditions but at least all the requirements should be kept balanced and proper attention should be paid on all the aspects of the features of the remote control car.
Our Top Recommendation
Redcat Racing EPX drift car is certainly the best choice when it comes to choosing the top rated RC drift car.
The vivid polycarbonate body is very strong and protects the car from usual crashes and collisions. The 2.4 GHz radio helps you to control the car from a long range of distance.
The above recommendation is keeping in mind that you would want to buy a product that works well for atleast 2-3 years. Redcat is a known name in the RC segment.
Here is a quick review for your better understanding:
Redcat Racing EPX RC Drift Car Review
Product Name: Redcat Racing EPX Drift Car
Product Description: The Redcat Racing EPX is an outstanding drift car for beginners. It is powered by a 19T RC550 brushed motor with 40A brushed waterproof ESC. Since it is a 4WD, if offers great control while drifting. the lightweight chassis offers better recovery from those uncertain turns.
- Build Quality
- Battery Efficiency
We hope that this article helped you in clearing some of your doubts and confusion for choosing the best RC drift car.
Do share your views in the comments section below.
Last update on 2023-05-26 at 10:59 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API