One of the proven ways which are being widely used to treat anxiety and insomnia is using weighted blankets. In this detailed post, we have reviewed the best weighted blankets for adults that are both good in quality and offer great value for the money.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is a weighted blanket?
- 2 What’s Next?
- 3 Best Weighted Blankets for Adults
- 4 Best Weighted Blankets for Adults
- 5 1. Calmforter Premium Weighted Blanket
- 6 2. YnM Weighted Blanket– Bestselling Weighted Blanket
- 7 3. Hypnoser Weighted Blanket 2.0 for Kids and Adults
- 8 4. Dr. Hart’s Weighted Blanket for Adults
- 9 5. Quility Premium Adult Weighted Blanket
- 10 6. Active Corner Weighted Blanket for Adults and Kids
- 11 7. SensaCalm Therapeutic Adult Weighted Blanket
- 12 8. Lifetime Sensory Solutions Weighted Sensory Blanket for Adults
- 13 9. YnM Cooling Weighted Blanket
- 14 10. Rocabi Premium Weighted Blanket For Adults
- 15 Frequently Asked Questions
- 16 Our Top 3 Weighted Blankets
- 17 Final Words:
What is a weighted blanket?
A weighted blanket is a specially designed blanket that helps in treating insomnia by calming and relaxing people who face difficulty in sleeping. The blanket is usually filled with lightweight beading which in turn applies a gentle pressure to the body.
The Science Behind Weighted Blankets
The pressure sends a sensory signal to the brain of the person and stimulates the feeling of being hugged or held. This releases a hormone in the body known as serotonin which calms the mind and helps the person have a good sound sleep. This is the major reason why weighted blankets have been used for years for the therapeutic purpose and help people have a sound sleep.
In this detailed post, we will be covering the best weighted blankets for your sleep issues. Not only that, we will include their pros and cons as well so that you can decide the best option for yourself.
Here are our top picks:
Best Weighted Blankets for Adults
Best Weighted Blankets for Adults
Let’s move into details and know more about the features of these weighted blankets.
The first weighted blanket that caught our attention is the Calmforter weighted blanket. The reason being, it has got more than 500 reviews on Amazon.
Later when we went into details, we got to know some interesting facts about the blanket:
1. The Calmforter comes with an industry exclusive Evenflow technology which provides the users with the ultimate comfort and relaxation. There is an even pressure on your body simulating a full body hug. This is due to the ingenious CloudSoft Polyfill and Stardust Microbead weighting system.
2. The outside cover of the blanket looks bright and luxurious. One side of the blanket is smooth as silk while the opposite side has their unique SensaDot texture. The best part, the appearance of the blanket is non-therapeutic. This means the blanket won’t look like most of the other weighted blankets which have highly lumpy and square pocket stitching. The Calmforter features a non-therapeutic look. Its entire weighing system is hidden inside its cover.
3. Washing the blanket is also very easy as you just have to unzip its outer cover which can be separated easily.
4. The blanket is available in 5 different colors which give you a decent variety to choose from.
2. YnM Weighted Blanket– Bestselling Weighted Blanket
YnM is one of the most trusted names for making some of the best weighted blankets with a wide range of variety. It is the best selling weighted blanket in the market.
Let’s know more about its features and the recommended size:
1. You can choose from a range of 15+ color options. YnM offers one of the widest range of weighted blankets thus having a great customer base.
2. Usually, it is said that you should choose a blanket that is 10% of your body weight plus 1. Though, 1 lb more or less does not make that much difference. The recommended size is 8”x72” for twin bed, 60”x80” for queen bed, 80”x87” for king bed.
3. The inner layer of the blanket is made up of 100% premium breathable cotton. Its small compartments are filled with non-toxic, hypo-allergenic, odorless, glass beads that are equally distributed in each compartment.
4. Due to the fact that glass beads are being used instead of the standard plastic pellets, it doesn’t make noise when you turn over the blanket.
5. Well, you need to purchase an extra outer cover for the blanket as the YnM weighted blanket comes in a single layer. You can apply a zip cover so that it becomes easier for you to wash it just like in the case of the Calmforter. If you are not using the extra cover, we would recommend that you dry clean it instead of washing through the company suggests that you can machine wash in a slow gentle setting.
6. Again, being a weighted blanket, it will simulate that you are being hugged making you feel comfortable and sleep better.
Moving to the next weighted blanket in the list, we have Hypnoser which is also a very affordable option in this segment.
Let’s know more about it:
1. The blanket is made of 100% cotton. Just to tell you, cotton is very good in terms of breathability. The fact that using the Hypnoser weighted blanket will let your skin breathe. It would give you the same comfort that you get when wearing linen and cotton shirts.
2. It comes in different sizes and weights. The Hypnoser weighted blanket for adults has been designed to weight approx 10% of your total body weight. This helps to decrease the stress naturally and helps you relax.
3. This weighted blanket comes in 6 different colors.
4. It comes with 30 days no questions asked money back guarantee. This tells you that the company does have a great trust in their product and have built it to meet the standards.
5. The Hypnoser weighted blanket is a great option for adults who are facing problems such as Autism, Insomnia, SPD, PTSD, Anxiety, Narcolepsy, Sleep Apnea, Jet Lag etc.
Dr. Harts’s weighted blanket is a name that is well known for making the best-weighted blankets. If you check its reviews on Amazon, you will find people acknowledging this blanket all over.
Moreover, the brand has a repeat customer base which means, people tend to buy the product again and again for themselves and their family.
Let’s dissect the reasons how Dr. Hart’s weighted blanket has achieved such a pedestal:
1. Dr, Harts weighted blanket claims to be the first scientifically engineered blanket in the industry that helps to reduce stress naturally and promotes sound sleep.
2. The cost includes the removable duvet cover as well which is an added advantage.
3. The blanket is as good to use on a couch or a sofa as it is for bed.
4. This weighted blanket is the only blanket that has been developed by practicing medical doctor, neurologist Dr. Karen Hart. She has been treating patients facing insomnia and sleep disorders for years.
5. The GravityGrid stitching design is already patented by the company. The design stimulates a real hug by a human and contours to your body as it optimizes deep touch pressure stimulation throughout your entire body.
6. For the weighted material, Dr. Hart’s weighted blankets use patented DreamBeads made of quartz micro-spheres. These are eco-friendly, non-toxic, odorless and hypoallergenic. This allows the blankets to be 60% thinner and softer.
7. The blanket eliminates the shifting noise due to high-quality DreamBeads. It provides a cooling sensation in the summers and a warm breathable environment in the winters.
8. Like all the weighted blankets, it is helpful in the case of insomnia, ADHD, anxiety, and Autism.
For the next set of the best weighted blanket reviews, there is a tough competition.
To be frank, there are a ton of options in the market. It is certain to get confused between different brands. That is why we always suggest you read the customer reviews before buying any product.
Only a customer can give an exact insight into the product. That is why we have picked the Quility Premium Adult Weighted Blanket as it has got great reviews from the customers. You can check 500+ reviews about this blanket on Amazon.
Now, without wasting any further, let’s dive deep and learn more about this great product:
1. Just like the YnM weighted blanket, the Quility premium weighted blanket is also made from 100% cotton.
2. For making it heavier, non-toxic, hypo-allergenic plastic poly pellets have been used so that it simulates the hugging effect and calms you helping you sleep better. The blanket is stitched in the square pattern to keep the pellets from slipping and sliding inside the blanket.
3. It comes along with a duvet cover so that you can wash the blanket easily. You just need to remove the duvet cover and machine wash. Also, the cover sticks to the blanket so it doesn’t slip and the blanket remains evenly distributed.
4. Like all the weighted blankets, the Quility weighted blanket also helps in releasing the serotonin and melatonin hormone which helps in calming your mind so that you can sleep without any fuss.
5. It helps in sleeping disorders, anxiety, stress, ADHD, restless leg syndrome and PTSD.
6. The manufacturer gives you 100% satisfaction guarantee. This means you can get a full refund if you are unhappy with the purchase.
Another highly affordable option is the Active Corner weighted blanket for adults and kids. It is one of the cheapest weighted blankets available in the market.
Here are its features:
1. The blanket is made up of 100% cotton promoting easy breathability and comfort.
2. Good for relieving stress and anxiety among adults.
3. The blanket has been tested to provide a sound sleep to both kids and adults. It is seen that by using the Active Corner weighted blanket, you will wake up less often through the night and enjoy a deep sleep.
4. The blanket is available in king size i.e. 60” x 80” and also the largest sized blanket in the market. Thus, it is great for growing kids and teens ensuring a great fit that will last for many coming years.
5. A high-quality minky pillow cover adds to the attraction which is included in the cost of the blanket.
6. Available for 30-day risk-free guarantee. You can return the product if you do not find it good.
Next, in line, we have the SensaCalm adult weighted blanket. It is a good brand if you are suffering from extreme anxiety and insomnia.
Let’s know more about this weighted blanket:
1. Like most of the other brands, the SensaCalm weighted blanket is made from 100% cotton fabric. The sewing is done by experienced professionals only as it is more of a premium brand.
2. It is purely a true therapeutic weighted blanket having tamed tempers and provides a great sense of relief to adults facing autism and sensory processing disorder.
3. For weights, non-toxic, safe, Hypo-allergenic Poly Pellets are being used along with Hypoallergenic fiberfill for a soft pillow-like feel.
4. The weighted items of the blanket can be completely washed easily. However, it is always preferred from our side to have an external cover for your blanket so that it becomes easier for you to wash the blanket.
5. The blanket is perfect for a twin sized bed. It comes in one piece.
Moving to the most premium blanket on this list, the Lifetime Sensory Weighted blanket for adults is a good option if you have a good budget. The reason being, it is a premium product that comes at a price.
Here are its features:
1. The blanket is “Made in USA” so you will get all that American feel while using it. No doubt, products manufactured in America are of superior quality.
2. The blanket is made from 100% cotton. It provides a great calming and soothing effect especially to people facing sleep disorders of various forms. So, if you are facing Anxiety, Depression, PTSD, Autism or Asperger’s, the Lifetime Sensory’s weighted blankets are good to make your night relaxed and soothing. The brand claims to have success in dealing with issues like Fibromyalgia and chronic pain.
3. The blankets are specially handcrafted to your requirements. The quality is always superior and the blanket itself is made with great attention to detail and longevity.
4. This is certainly a Rolls Royce of weighted blankets. All the blankets are prewashed with allergen-free products after which they are preshrunk for accuracy and made in hypoallergenic sewing facilities.
5. The best part, if you do not find the weights right or the pressure of the blanket isn’t good for you, you can easily exchange the blanket for your desired weight or even send it back for a full refund.
We have already covered YnM Weighted blankets. This is another model of the same brand with some more features.
Let’s unwrap the details and know more about the product:
1. The best part about the YnM blankets is that they have got a great variety. Be it weights or the color of the blanket, you will have some popular choices to choose from. You can choose an adequate weight according to your need. Usually, try to buy a blanket which is at least 10% of your body weight although it is recommended to buy 20% of your body weight plus 1.
2. The unique design of the blanket is such that it is mostly made up of organic cotton, with less polyfill and more glass beads. This is perfect for maintaining the temperature of your body.
3. The blanket is divided into evenly sewn compartments filled with hypo-allergenic, non-toxic odorless glass beads.
4. The blanket does not produce much noise when you turn over. It is far much better than the plastic pellets weighted blankets.
5. Talking about washability, you can easily wash the inner layer of the blanket on a low gentle setting. However, the best option would be to purchase a good duvet cover for easier cleaning.
Moving to the last weighted blanket of this list, the Rocabi premium weighted blanket is worth every penny.
Let’s know why?
1. Rocabi only uses the premium material in all of its products. The glass beads in the blanket are non-toxic and completely odorless. They are super fine and helps in maintaining the consistency all over.
2. Glass beads are silent and this prevents any noise when you turn over the blanket while sleeping.
3. The blanket also includes a minky cover that is soft and helps in easy washing.
4. The inner sleeve of the blanket is made up of 100% cotton. This means you can use the blanket throughout the year in all seasons.
5. You can choose from different weights as there are plenty of options.
Weighted blankets since their introduction have been a great boon for people who are suffering from insomnia and various sleeping disorders.
It is always better to resort to natural ways rather than taking pills and medication for small issues like insomnia and anxiety.
In this detailed guide, we have tried to cover the best weighted blankets for adults that have proven track record of working effectively in the cases of insomnia, PSTD, anxiety, jet lag etc.
On TheTechSwag, our aim is to provide the most accurate reviews to our users so that they can become wise customers.
We certainly hope that these weighted blanket reviews have helped you. You can share your views by writing your thoughts in the comments section below. We would be happy to help you in case you have any doubts about any of the above mentioned weighted blankets.