Traveling is undoubtedly one of the norms that all DJs have in common. One has to travel from gig to gig while carrying their bulky and expensive gear.
For this reason, having a specialized DJ backpack is a must for the sake of the safety of your equipment. These backpacks come with several dedicated compartments for carrying your laptop, headphones, hard drive, controller, and other accessories.
However, these backpacks are not created equal. Some are designed for holding things like a digital controller and laptop while others are designed for organizing cables.
Table of Contents
- 10 Best DJ Backpacks
- Best DJ Backpack Reviews
- 1. MONO EFX Flyby Backpack – Highly Recommended
- 2. MAGMA Riot DJ Backpack XL – Top Rated DJ Backpack
- 3. CablePhyle Cable File Bag
- 4. Odyssey Redline DJ Remix Series Hybrid Backpack
- 5. Gator Cases Club Series DJ Backpack
- 6. Pelican S115 Elite Sport Backpack
- 7. Targus City Smart EVA Pro Backpack (TSB895)
- 8. Gator Cases Club Series Backpack
- 9. Odyssey Digital Gear Backpack
- 10. Orbit Concepts Jetpack Slim DJ Backpack
- Key Features to Consider when Looking for a top DJ BackpackSpaciousHow much weight can the bag hold? How many compartments are there? Can the compartments be adjusted to fit my digital controller? Well, these are some of the questions you need to answer before picking that bag. Some bags can hold a 27” digital controller, alongside a laptop, tablet, headphones, mixers, and cables. If you are a heavy traveler DJ, you surely need a bag that will accommodate all your gear. Some bags, on the other hand, have a zippered around system that increases the storage system to make room for extra gear. Others have multiple pockets varying in size. It is only wise to find one with the best exterior and interior dimensions to safely hold your equipment. Durability DJ bags do not come cheap. Since they are related to carrying equipment for work and entertainment, it is only wise to invest in the best. Don’t treat them to be the same as a laptop bag. A laptop bag might be comfortable but need not contain a lot of space to accumulate all your expensive DJ equipment. Durable backpacks are those that can withstand the test of time. Bags made of Tarpaulin and have PVC coating are not only waterproof. Since you have spent a lot on your Deejaying equipment, investing in a durable bag is worth it too. Safety Digital controllers, laptops, headphones, mixers, and other equipment need to be handled delicately when in transition. For assured safety, find a backpack whose interior pockets are highly padded. Air-mesh pockets, on the other hand, ensure your sunglasses, smartphones, and other fragile accessories do not get damaged when traveling. Furthermore, find a backpack with a sturdy and stable bottom as it won’t wobble when placed on the floor. You can also look for crash-proof bags that guarantee your gear remains safe in case of an accidental fall. Comfort Nothing feels more hectic than getting to a concert or house party with sore hands, or aching back and shoulders. To avoid this, a comfortable backpack is what you need. Padding on the shoulder straps and handles will be a great help while traveling. Despite the weight, the padding will ensure your body remains free of unnecessary muscle pulls and aches. You can also opt for a bag with breathable ventilation to keep you cool when traveling. Frequently asked Questions
- Wrapping up
As such, you need to invest in a backpack that suits your needs. In this roundup, we have reviewed 10 of the best DJ backpacks. Each of the backpacks offers similar features, and it’s up to you to decide on which one best suits your needs.
10 Best DJ Backpacks
Best DJ Backpack Reviews
1. MONO EFX Flyby Backpack – Highly Recommended
The Mono EFX Flyby is one of the top innovative backpacks in the market today. It is cleverly designed and offers ultimate storage and traveling solution for modern-day musicians and DJs.
For starters, the bag is rugged and features a minimalistic design. The backpack has specialized interior pockets and five exterior pockets for storing your laptop charger, headphones, tablets, and more.
The rear compartment includes a padded laptop sleeve and can fit a 12″- 17″ laptop. One unique feature of this compartment is that it’s detachable. The two-in-one design means that you can separate it from the main section and use it as a stealthy laptop bag for jetting around town.
What’s more, the backpack’s stand-up design ensures that your deejaying equipment is right where you need them to be. There’s also padding at the bottom as well as the plush lining that helps protect your stuff from getting damaged.
In addition to this, it is built with high-quality materials so as to withstand resistance and abrasions. The Mono EFX has met military specs and is waterproof too.
2. MAGMA Riot DJ Backpack XL – Top Rated DJ Backpack
The MAGMA Riot DJ Backpack is a top-of-the-range backpack suited for a heavy traveling pro-DJ. So if you need a rucksack with lots of pockets and a versatile storage system, then it is an incredible choice.
- Heavy duty DJ bag.
- Separate fully-padded compartment for laptop.
- 100% waterproof.
Made from 100% PVC Tarpaulin, this DJ bag has a fully waterproof outer shell which ensures that it doesn’t wear easily and can withstand harsh weather conditions.
It has a main compartment that can securely hold any digital controller, including the Kontrol S4, Kontrol Z2, Pioneer DJM-T1, or Rane Sixty Two.
What we liked about this compartment is that it can be customized to hold different controllers. It includes a divider, removable adjustment foams, and a protection panel for safety.
Along with that, there is a separate compartment for a laptop that can hold up to 17-inch. The compartment is fully padded, just like the main compartment.
It also offers two large front pockets for the perfect organization of accessories such as hard drives, headphones, an extra mic, and cables.
If you are limited on space, this backpack has a zip expansion system that doubles the capacity of the main compartment. This system increases the capacity by about an inch.
Apart from being spacious, the MAGMA Riot backpack comes with comfortable backpack straps that are padded and cushioned for extra comfort.
The Cable File from CablePhyle is a classic gig bag that’s designed with the main intention of helping you keep your cables neat and organized.
- Sturdy PVC lining.
- High density medium paddings.
- Rigid fiberboard bottom.
It has ten pockets with 1’’ slots, four pockets with 2’’ slots, and an additional pocket with 3’’slot. This means you can pack your extension cables, spare mic, multi-strips, gaff tape, and easily locate them.
The bag is made of sturdy PVC nylon, high-density padding as well as hard fiberboard bottom. Some companies neglect the quality of the zippers but the Cable File bag has strong zippers alongside quality handles.
With the padded shoulder straps and a comfortable carry handle, it may be difficult for you to feel the 18lbs weight the bag holds when full. Overall, it offers a comfortable experience even if you have to travel for long hours carrying your heavy equipment.
The Odyssey BRLRMXDG2XL is all about keeping your equipment safe. From the zippers to the padded pockets, the backpack reeks of ultimate protection of gear.
- Padded pockets.
- Extra-large compartments.
- Multiple pockets.
The Redline DJ backpack has a main compartment with foam inserts that can be adjusted to fit your digital controllers such as the Akai MPK49, Pioneer DDJ-SX, or Pioneer DDJ-T1.
In addition to the main compartment, the bag has a second section where you can safely store your accessories, hard drives, and laptops.
What we loved most about this bag is that it has adequate pockets that are fully padded for superior protection. It also has heavy-duty zippers that do not come off quickly, assuring you of continued years of service.
You can choose to carry the bag as a backpack or use the shoulder straps. The padded straps and the cushioned back add extra comfort.
Adding to the list of one of the top-rated DJ backpacks with adequate room for equipment is the Gator Cases Club Series DJ Backpack.
- 2 large padded pockets.
- Zippered compartments.
- Ultra-thick padded hide-away backpack straps.
Designed specifically for holding Pioneer DDJ-SX2, DDJ-SX, DDJ-RX, and most 27-inch DJ controllers, this backpack comes with a durable black nylon exterior with orange accents and liner which makes it easy for you to locate it in low lit spaces.
It has zippered compartments that are well-padded and can hold fragile items like hard drives and laptops, and two pockets on the outside designed purposely for cables and other Deejaying accessories.
Carrying the backpack also feels comfortable, thanks to the padded hideaway backpack straps and the adjustable shoulder straps. It is important to note the shoulder straps are also removable bag.
If you prefer a backpack that will stand out without sacrificing on quality, then the Pelican S115 Elite Sport is what you are missing.
- Top-loading, Fast access.
- Padded divider compartment
- TSA ready.
Sleekly designed, this backpack comes with three zippered, padded, mesh inner pockets for holding fragile accessories and three external side zippered pockets for holding cables and other accessories. There is also a mesh slip pouch on the left strap.
The backpack can accommodate a DSLR camera, the main compartment, and has dedicated sections for holding five lenses and dividers. Along with that, the bag has a spacious compartment for a laptop that accommodates a 15-inch and 17-inch laptop.
The laptop compartment is made of a crash-proof ABS material and is sealed with an O-Ring gasket to ensure it’s completely waterproof. It has a pressure-equalizing valve that prevents the vacuum from locking.
In terms of comfort, the Pelican S115 comes with a ventilated back panel and padded shoulder and lumbar support. The lumbar support and the shoulder straps are loosely attached to the backpack to enhance greater carrying comfort.
Designed with an urban look, the Targus City Smart EVA Pro is a top-rated backpack to consider. It can easily accommodate your DJ gear as well as other accessories.
- Friendly design.
- Extra-large main compartment.
- Adjustable and padded shoulder straps.
Designed for carrying medium-sized laptops of up to 16-inches, the TSB895 has a large main compartment that can fit a small digital controller or a desk worth of supplies.
There is also a compartment dedicated to storing a tablet. 12.9’’ tablets can easily fit in this pocket. Besides, there are pockets with EVA protection to keep fragile accessories like sunglasses and smartphones safe.
This backpack has a friendly design and is a great travel companion. With a water-resistant bottom, your equipment is protected against water damage.
The Targus City smart EVA bag has padded and adjustable shoulder straps as well as a meshed back panel for comfortable carrying. It also has a trolley strap that you can use instead of the shoulder straps.
The G-Club LG backpack from Gator is designed for DJs who are always on the move and prefer rugged packs.
- Large friendly design.
- Breathable ventilation channel.
- Padded laptop pocket and DJ mixer section.
Constructed from a reinforcement of breathable 420-Denier nylon in the interior and 1680-Denier nylon EVA on the exterior, this pack is built to last as well offer the needed protection to your equipment.
The backpack has numerous storage pockets and can hold your Serato Style interface along with your hard drive, and DJ mixers. There is also a padded pocket inside where you can put your laptop and an mp3 pocket with a headphone hole that ensures that your music is always at your fingertips.
For maximum comfort, the backpack’s shoulder straps are padded and can be adjusted to your liking. There is also a top carry hand for quick pick moments.
What’s more, the pack comes with a rain jacket, so you don’t have to worry when sudden climate changes get you by surprise.
Convenient for everyday use and concerts, the Odyssey Digital Gear Backspin2 is another ballistic nylon backpack for the journeyman DJ.
- Padded interior dividers.
- Heavy-duty zippers.
- Padded for gear protection.
Featuring a ballistic nylon construction, the backpack comes with three dedicated pockets for your 17-inch laptop, headphones, and laptop stand. It can also be customized to fit a digital controller thanks to the padded interior dividers.
Additionally, in terms of safety, the BRLBACKSPIN2 is padded in all the right places and has heavy-duty zippers as well as quality zipper pulls. Along with that, the bottom is sturdy and does not wobble when placed on the ground. It has vertical stability to ensure your gear remains upright.
For added storage room, there are easily accessible front pockets where you can store small accessories like keys, wallet, and passport. The top pouch is also expandable.
What’s more, cables have a dedicated pocket so that they don’t mix or get tangled. This also helps in preventing your Deejaying gear from getting scratched.
To maximize your comfort, not only is the back padded but the shoulder straps and handle too. This makes this bag an invaluable companion when it comes to moving from gig to gig.
Last on our roundup is the Jetpack Slim DJ backpack from Orbit Concepts. Perfect for everyday use, this bag bridges the gap between quality and affordability. It simply offers you what you pay for.
- TSA-Approved compartment for laptop.
- Made with high-grade water-resistant ballistic nylon .
- Adjustable shoulder straps.
For starters, the Jetpack Slim DJ backpack is made from high-quality materials to withstand wear and is carefully knitted to ensure that it does not tear.
It’s super lightweight, compact, and has a TSA -friendly laptop compartment, which means that you’ll not get into problems with the airport security. The compartment is padded and comes with a Velcro strap for securing your laptop.
Along with the compartment for laptop, the bag has a main central compartment that contains several pouches and pockets for storing your gear. For example, the two velcro-secure pockets allow you to store your laptop’s charger or a turntable cartridge case.
What’s more, the pack comes with strong, secure, and adjustable straps. There’s also a mesh cushioning on the back of the bag for extra comfort.
Last update on 2020-06-01 at 23:28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API